Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Qatar Airways analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Qatar Airways SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Qatar Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Qatar Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Qatar Airways SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Qatar Airways competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Qatar Airways is a premium flagship airline of the Government
Qatar Airways STP
Passengers Preferring Comfort & reliability
Corporates / Upper Middle Class / Middle Class
Qatar Airways is a premium international five star airline
SWOT Analysis of Qatar Airways
For Qatar Airways, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Qatar Airways SWOT Analysis:
Qatar Airways Strengths
The strengths of Qatar Airways looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Qatar Airways :
1. Qatar Airways has a robust backing of Qatar govt 2. Advantage of being Present in oil rich state helps Qatar Airways financially
3. Operates in over 100 international destinations
4. Qatar Airways has a strong workforce of nearly 20,000 employees
5. Qatar Airways has a fleet size over 100 aircraft carrier
6. Globally, the airline serves over 150 destinations
7. Qatar Airways has won several awards for its premium services, in-flight entertainment etc
8. Strong focus on marketing and sponsorship to increase brand awareness
Qatar Airways Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Qatar Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Past incidents of accidents and workplace controversies have hurt the brand at times 2. Very Little Domestic Traffic and limited market share growth of Qatar Airways
Qatar Airways Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Qatar Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. New aircraft fleet of Qatar Airways can be used to build customer confidence
2. Tie-up and increasing global destinations can boost business
3. More brand building and marketing can increase brand recall
Qatar Airways Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Qatar Airways are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition from other airlines can affect Qatar Airways' margins
2. Increasing fuel prices would affect operations
3. Unfavorable scenarios due to Govt policies and regulations
Qatar Airways Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 13 competitors of Qatar Airways:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Qatar Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute