Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 18, 2021
SWOT analysis of Silver Airways analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Silver Airways SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Silver Airways to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Silver Airways is one of the leading brands in the airlines sector.
The article below lists the Silver Airways SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Silver Airways SWOT Analysis:
For Silver Airways, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Silver Airways Strengths
The strengths of Silver Airways looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Silver Airways :
1. Silver Airways are one of the most popular domestic airlines based out of USA
2. Silver Airways has interline agreements with partners including American Airlines, Bahamasair, Delta, JetBlue, US Airways
3. The airlines has steady operations since it was formed in 2011
4. Silver Airways has a strong leadership in the region with over 100 flights daily to more than 25 destinations
5. Operating smaller turboprops on niche routes are beneficial for the company to attract exclusive travelers
6. Competitive compensation is helpful to attract experienced pilots and crew
7. Good media operations for promotion and marketing have helped Silver Airways grow steadily
Silver Airways Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Silver Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. Smaller market share and brand awareness compared to bigger players
2. Dependent on other airlines for booking leads to limited business for Silver Airways
Silver Airways Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Silver Airways SWOT Analysis:
1. The airlines can focus on non-stop flights for long & more popular routes
2. New flights to business and leisure fliers can help boost business
3. Silver Airways can partner with airlines to increase the number of destinations they fly to
Silver Airways Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Silver Airways are as mentioned:
1. Limiting the airline to one type of plane can reduce service areas
2. Increasing fuel prices and stiff competition has led to the bankruptcy of similar airlines
3. Economic recessions and pandemics can lead to loss of travelers, resulting in revenue loss
Silver Airways Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Silver Airways:
Passengers travelling on the niche routes served by the Airlines
Largest carrier from Florida and Largest US carrier to Bahamas and
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Silver Airways. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute