Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 16, 2021
SWOT analysis of Maruti Suzuki analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Maruti Suzuki SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Maruti Suzuki to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Maruti Suzuki is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Maruti Suzuki SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Maruti Suzuki SWOT Analysis:
For Maruti Suzuki, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Maruti Suzuki Strengths
The strengths of Maruti Suzuki looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Maruti Suzuki :
1. Maruti Suzuki is the largest passenger car company in India, accounting for around 45% market share
2. Over 12,000 people are employed with Maruti
3. Good advertising, product portfolio, self-competing brands
4. Largest distribution network of dealers and after sales service centres
5. Strong brand value and strong presence in the second hand car market
6. Having different revenue streams like Maruti finance, Maruti Insurance and Maruti driving schools
7. Over 700,000 units sold in India annually including 50,000 exports
8. Maruti Suzuki launched NEXA showrooms to cater to its premium cars market
9. The company has been recognized by several awards in the automobile segment in India
Maruti Suzuki Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Maruti Suzuki SWOT Analysis:
1. Inability to penetrate into the international market
2. Employee management, strikes, worker wage problems have affected Maruti's brand image in the past
Maruti Suzuki Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Maruti Suzuki SWOT Analysis:
1. Developing hybrid cars and fuel efficient cars for the future can be an opportunity for Maruti Suzuki
2. Maruti can target tapping emerging markets across the world and building a global brand
3. Fast growing automobile market and increased purchasing power
Maruti Suzuki Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Maruti Suzuki are as mentioned:
1. Government policies for the automobile sector across the world
2. Ever increasing fuel prices
3. Intense competition from global automobile brands and cheaper brands can hurt Maruti Suzuki's business
4. Substitute modes of public transport like buses, metro trains etc
Maruti Suzuki Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Maruti Suzuki:
Maruti has car models in every segment with a wide price range to choose from, apart from being the most reliable name in Indian automobile market
Maruti Suzuki STP
Complete automobile segment including sedans & SUV’s
Indian urban and semi-urban middle class and upper middle class
Maruti is India’s No.1 automobile brand with strong legacy
Maruti Suzuki Product Portfolio
1. Maruti 800 2. Maruti A Star 3. Maruti Alto
4. Maruti Eeco 5. Maruti Grand Vitara 6. Maruti Gypsy King
7. Maruti Omni 8. Maruti Swift 9. Maruti Swift Dzire
10.Maruti SX4 11.Maruti Wagon R 12.Maruti Zen Estilo
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Maruti Suzuki product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Maruti Suzuki. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute