Nissan SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Nissan, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Nissan is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector. The article below lists the Nissan SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Nissan looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Nissan :
1. Nissan is one of the most popular automobile brand names having a high global reach
2. Has over 1.5 million employees globally
3. Production output capacity can manufacture around 4 million units
4. Nissan is a pioneer in the electric car segment having its global presence
5.Nissan has manufacturing locations in Japan, India, Brazil, Spain, Thailand, USA, Malaysia and other countries
6. Nissan is actively present in motorsports events held globally
7. The brand has excellent advertising and branding
8. Nissan also manufactures trucks and hybrid cars
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Nissan SWOT Analysis:
1. No stronghold yet in emerging markets as compared to other brands
2. Limited market share growth of Nissan due to intense competition
Read more about Nissan
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Nissan SWOT Analysis:
1. Developing hybrid cars and fuel efficient cars for the future can be a huge opportunity for Nissan
2. Tapping emerging markets across the world and building a global brand
3. Nissan can target the fast growing automobile market
4. Joint ventures with existing automobile players can help the brand have a stronger geographic reach
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Nissan are as mentioned:
1. Government policies for the automobile sector across the world
2. Ever increasing fuel prices can lead to decline in car sales
3. Intense competition from global automobile brands means reduction in Nissan's market share
4. Substitute modes of public transport like buses, metro trains etc
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Nissan SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Nissan Motor Company
Sedans, Hatchbacks, SUV’s
Innovation that excites; Shift; Shift expectations ; You can with a Nissan; Just wait you drive it.
Nissan is one of the top manufacturers in Japan
Complete automobile segment including hatchbacks, sedans & SUV’s
Young executives from the upper-middle income bracket
Nissan car which will give you a memorable driving experience
|Nissan Product Portfolio|
1. Nissan 370Z
2. Nissan Micra
3. Nissan Teana
4. Nissan X Trail
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Nissan product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Nissan. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us