Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 16, 2021
SWOT analysis of Nissan Motors analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Nissan Motors SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Nissan Motors to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Nissan Motors is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Nissan Motors SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Nissan Motors SWOT Analysis:
For Nissan Motors, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Nissan Motors Strengths
The strengths of Nissan Motors looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Nissan Motors :
1. Nissan is one of the most popular automobile brand names having a high global reach
2. Has over 1.5 million employees globally
3. Production output capacity can manufacture around 4 million units
4. Nissan is a pioneer in the electric car segment having its global presence
5.Nissan has manufacturing locations in Japan, India, Brazil, Spain, Thailand, USA, Malaysia and other countries
6. Nissan is actively present in motorsports events held globally
7. The brand has excellent advertising and branding
8. Nissan also manufactures trucks and hybrid cars
Nissan Motors Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Nissan Motors SWOT Analysis:
1. No stronghold yet in emerging markets as compared to other brands
2. Limited market share growth of Nissan due to intense competition
Nissan Motors Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Nissan Motors SWOT Analysis:
1. Developing hybrid cars and fuel efficient cars for the future can be a huge opportunity for Nissan
2. Tapping emerging markets across the world and building a global brand
3. Nissan can target the fast growing automobile market
4. Joint ventures with existing automobile players can help the brand have a stronger geographic reach
Nissan Motors Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Nissan Motors are as mentioned:
1. Government policies for the automobile sector across the world
2. Ever increasing fuel prices can lead to decline in car sales
3. Intense competition from global automobile brands means reduction in Nissan's market share
4. Substitute modes of public transport like buses, metro trains etc
Nissan Motors Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Nissan Motors:
Innovation that excites; Shift; Shift expectations ; You can with a Nissan; Just wait you drive it.
Nissan is one of the top manufacturers in Japan
Nissan Motors STP
Complete automobile segment including hatchbacks, sedans & SUV’s
Young executives from the upper-middle income bracket
Nissan car which will give you a memorable driving experience
Nissan Motors Product Portfolio
1. Nissan 370Z
2. Nissan Micra
3. Nissan Teana
4. Nissan X Trail
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Nissan Motors product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Nissan Motors. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute