Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) SWOT Analysis:
For MRF (Madras Rubber Factory), SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) Strengths
The strengths of MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) :
1. Company has remained in no.1 position in tyre industry and was the first to reach annual turnover ofRs.5000Crore in India 2. Theyhave 6 manufacturing facilities in India (all in south) in proximity of rubber belt of India, with sales network divided in 4 zones; east(14), west (23), south(33) and north(27 dealers)- very strong and developed distribution network. 3. Good export market with company exporting tyres and conveyor belts to 65 countries 4. Complete product portfolio with tyres for all types of vehicles-heavy duty vehicles, SUVs, small & luxury cars, two & three wheelers, conveyor belts, paints & coats and pretreads.
5. It enjoys strong brand equity and loyalty of customers.
6. Company is willing to take innovative measures to suit different terrains of India.
7. Strong financial position
8. Diversified into Funskool, MRF Pace Foundation, MRF Racing 9. Advertising as India eco-friendly car tyre making company.
MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) SWOT Analysis:
1. Volatility in industrial relations. Ex: the labour unrest 2. Intense competition due to presence of other global brands
MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging markets and growth of automobile industry 2. More tie-ups with Automobile companies as it’s mainly into B2B market. 3.Horizontal and concentric Diversification.
MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) are as mentioned:
1.Price wars 2. Stiff competition from national and international brands 3. Cheaper technologies
4. Volatility in prices and availability of raw material as india’s rubber production is less than its demand.
5. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
6. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels.
MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of MRF (Madras Rubber Factory):
Tyres with muscle; Choice of Champions; India’s No.1 Tyre Manufacturer
Product superiority, innovation an strength
MRF (Madras Rubber Factory) STP
Automobile industry, manufacturing industry,
Heavy duty trucks/buses, small cars, luxury cars, SUVs and conveyor belts for manufacturing facilities.
India’s no.1 tyre making company with comprehensive tyre portfolio
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to MRF (Madras Rubber Factory). This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute