Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: October 02, 2021
SWOT analysis of Daimler analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Daimler SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Daimler to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Daimler is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Daimler SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Daimler competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Daimler is one of the world’s most successful automotive companies
Individuals looking for luxury cars and companies looking for trucks & buses
Rich and affluent individuals and large transport enterprises
To make mobility and goods transportation more sustainable while protecting the environment
SWOT Analysis of Daimler
For Daimler, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Daimler SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Daimler looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Daimler :
1. Daimler is one the largest automotive companies in the world based out of Germany
2. Daimler has a strong product portfolio and manufactures both passenger cars and trucks
3. The annual output of all the vehicles produced are than 2 million
4. More than 200,000 people are employed with the organization worldwide
5. Some of the popular brands under Daimler are Mercedes Benz, Smart cars, Detroit Diesel, Western Star and Bharat Benz
6. The company also offers financial services, leases and insurance services
7. Daimler has businesses and offices in countries like Germany, USA, China, India, Japan, South Africa and many other European and Asian countries
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Daimler SWOT Analysis:
1. The company has several competitors and hence there is limited market share growth
2. Legal issues and lawsuits in the past have impacted the brand image of Daimler
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Daimler SWOT Analysis:
1. Manufacturing hybrid cars and fuel efficient cars for the future can be an opportunity for Daimler
2. Tapping emerging markets across the world and building a global brand
3. Fast growing automobile and truck market can help Daimler grow their business via strategic partnerships and acquisitions
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Daimler are as mentioned:
1. Government policies and export duties for this sector can hurt the international business of Daimler
2. Ever increasing fuel prices can disrupt sales of cars
3. Economic slowdown, recession and pandemics can impact the business for the company
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Daimler:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Daimler. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute