Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of JK Tyres analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In JK Tyres SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like JK Tyres to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. JK Tyres is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the JK Tyres SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the JK Tyres SWOT Analysis:
For JK Tyres, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
JK Tyres Strengths
The strengths of JK Tyres looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of JK Tyres :
1. They have wide dealership network 2. They have built a very good brand name over decades and are an aggressive company 3. They have good understanding of customer needs 4. They are continuously innovating and improving the efficiency levels
5. They have successfully received accreditations of ISO 9000 QS 9001 and ISO 14001
6. They are one of the leading tyre exporters of India
7. Steel Wheel initiative was implemented as one stop sales and service center.
8. Dial a tyre service is an excellent example of innovative concept in tyre industry, with the ordered tyre being delivered at your doorstep.
JK Tyres Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the JK Tyres SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited market share due to the presence of other major brands in the segment 2. Low presence in two/three wheeler segment
JK Tyres Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in JK Tyres SWOT Analysis:
1. Emerging markets and improved lifestyle 2. More tie-ups with Automobile companies as it’s mainly into B2B market. 3. Horizontal and concentric Diversification 3. Improved Infrastructure has fuelled more and more transportation
4. Emergence of India as a hub for small car production
JK Tyres Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of JK Tyres are as mentioned:
1. Price wars 2. Stiff competition from national and international brands 3. Cheaper technologies
4. Volatility in prices and availability of raw material as india’s rubber production is less than its demand.
5. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
6. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels
JK Tyres Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of JK Tyres:
Consistent innovation and state of art technology with best quality.
JK Tyres STP
Automobile industry, heavy equipment industry
Two/three wheeler, small, luxury, racing and Suv car, truck and bus manufacturing companies and heavy equipment manufacturing companies
A customer friendly, aggressive Indian company with very high potential to grow as one of the best brands in international market
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to JK Tyres. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute