Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Renault analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Renault SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Renault to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Renault is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Renault SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Renault SWOT Analysis:
For Renault , SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Renault looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Renault :
1. Wide customer base and loyalty in European markets
2. One of the Largest automobile group with Nissan Motors collaboration 3. International market presence with stronghold in the European market 4. Offers wide variety to choose from including sedan, SUV and hatchbacks 5. Available in over 110 countries with a workforce of over 125,000 6. Actively involved in global motorsport events as teams and sponsors 7. Strong brand associations with Nissan Motors , Mahindra etc helped in global reach
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Renault SWOT Analysis:
1. Despite European popularity, lacks penetration in Asian and growing markets 2. Cases of recall of cars slightly affected brand image
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Renault SWOT Analysis:
1. Invest in hybrid and future cars
2. Develop and sustain strong partnership with national car manufacturers
3. Extend the distribution and servicing network to increase market penetration
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Renault are as mentioned:
1. Competitive car manufacturers
2. Innovative features introduced in competitive care which leads to product differentiation
3. Competition with national car manufacturers who enjoy increased market penetration as well as brand awareness
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Renault :
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Renault product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Renault . This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute