Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Bridgestone analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Bridgestone SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Bridgestone to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Bridgestone is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Bridgestone SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Bridgestone SWOT Analysis:
For Bridgestone, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Bridgestone looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bridgestone :
1. Bridgestone has its roots from The Firestone Tire and Rubber Company of US and Bridgestone Tire Company Limited of US. 2. They have 52 enterprises and more than 50,000 employees which testify to the fact that it’s a big brand name. 3. Company has diversified into other businesses including production of air springs, roofing materials, and industrial fibers and textiles. 4. One Team One planet is an excellent approach towards building more sustainable and eco-friendly products.
5. They have a strong brand name through Motorsports and car racing.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Bridgestone SWOT Analysis:
1. Still to have significant market share in developing countries 2. Products are perceived to be in high-price segment, need to work on developing economy products.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Bridgestone SWOT Analysis:
1. Excellent opportunity in the emerging economies of the world. 2. Would win a few brownie points with better communication regarding its environmental-friendly initiatives
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bridgestone are as mentioned:
1. There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands.
2. Japanese and US economies are not growing much and have reached a maturity phase-as it has its major operations there 3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels. 5. Volatility of raw material prices
6. Fluctuation of exchange rates
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Bridgestone:
A renowned name for innovation and quality of product.
Automobile industry, Car Racing
Brands to cater to SUVs, luxury, passenger, heavy vehicles, racing cars
Known for innovation, environmental-friendly,
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bridgestone. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute