Bentley SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Bentley, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Bentley is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector. The article below lists the Bentley SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Bentley, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Bentley looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bentley :
1. Bentley models have sporty-ness & luxury together which is not seen in any other products
2. Support of the German Engineering through the parent company
3. Strong brand equity and market position of Bentley globally
4. Being expensive and limited availability, it adds to the brand uniqueness and brand value as it is percieved as a status symbol
5. Strong backing of automobile giant Volkswagen
6. Possession of Bentleys by exclusive clientle like the royal family, international celebrities etc add brand value
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Bentley SWOT Analysis:
1. Bentley has limited presence in emerging economies which has a growing number of rich
2. Limited production means misses out on probable clients
Read more about Bentley
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Bentley SWOT Analysis:
1. Bentley may look to carry the heritage & design to more environmentally friendly cars with hybrid or electric transmission
2. Have a strategy to target the affluent class from emerging economies
3. Sponsorships of premium events to increase brand visibility
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bentley are as mentioned:
1. People preference for environmentally friendly vehicles increasing, as Bentley motorcars are famous for their large displacement engines
2. Increasing fuel prices and strict govt regulations
3. More awareness and penetration of competing premium brands
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Bentley:
3. Rolls Royce Motors
4. Aston Martin
Hence this concludes the Bentley SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Luxury Sports Sedan
The Ultimate Driving Machine
Bentley's heritage & luxury status along with the sportiness
Premium luxury cars
Upper class and affluent rich urban
Bentley is a premium & sporty luxury car for the elite
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bentley. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us