Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lamborghini analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lamborghini SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lamborghini to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lamborghini is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Lamborghini SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Lamborghini SWOT Analysis:
For Lamborghini, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Lamborghini looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lamborghini :
1. Lamborghini is known for superior handling & high speed i.e. performance
2. Technology sharing with the sister & parent companies i.e. Audi & Volkswagen
3. Small workforce of around 850 employees they design & produce one the best in class products & satisfy the global demand as well, producing around 1800 vehicles a year
4. Established the standard that to have a mid-rear engine layout & rear wheel drive design for sports cars & super sports cars
5. Lamborghini has top of the mind brand recall owing to its stylish looks and power performance
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Lamborghini SWOT Analysis:
1.Being a super car, Lamborghini is allegedly under the scanner of environmentalists who feel fuel consumption is a lot
2.Due to its premium nature & pricing the sales are easily affected by the macro-economic events like the late 2000s crisis which lead to halving of its annual sales
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Lamborghini SWOT Analysis:
1. To go increase customer relations events & activities which will enhance the ownership experience
2. Lamborghini can increase the global reach as currently it is present in very few regions
3. To do away with the regional quota system & sell on the basis of demand, it was seen that when they launched their models in India the demand far exceeded the supply thus they lost the customer to the competitors
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lamborghini are as mentioned:
1.The threat is the niche regional players & custom modifiers who have the regional presence & ability to make a car to exact taste of the buyer
2. Intense competition for Lamborghini in the niche segment from other premium brands
3. Govt policies against high fuel consuming super cars
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Lamborghini:
Feels Italian wherever you are; I’m two German sports cars
Lamborghini cars have superior handling & performance
The upper class of the society
The rich & affluent from the urban
Lamborghini are premium Super sports car for people who want superior performance
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lamborghini. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute