Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Maserati analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Maserati SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Maserati to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Maserati is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Maserati SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Maserati SWOT Analysis:
For Maserati, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Maserati looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Maserati :
1. Maserati has a great presence in motor sports and racing building a strong brand identity
2. One of the oldest car manufacturing companies which has constantly evolved to gain excellence
3. Diversified product portfolio of Maserati, providing the customers options to select from (GranTurismo, GranCabrio & Quattroporte)
4. Provides services like warranty assistance & financing
5. Authentic & reliable services of Maserati adds to its brand value
6. Brilliant styling & designing makes the company stand out
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Maserati SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited product portfolio of Maserati cars in growing markets
2. Tough competition means limited market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Maserati SWOT Analysis:
1. Accommodating & expanding automobile market can be targeted by Maserati
2. Gain the early movers advantage in hybrid & concept car segments
3. Acquire newer customers by increasing market penetration
4. More inclination of affluent customers to purchase international brand
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Maserati are as mentioned:
1. Maserati is perceived as a very costly brand which can lead to limited exposure to potential customers
2. Competition from other sports & luxury automobile company
3. Product innovations and frugal engineering by competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 10 competitors of Maserati:
Maserati is a unique blend of luxurious and sporty driving experience due to product innovations and expertise
Luxury & Sports car for elite customers
Targeted towards extremely affluent customers seeking ultimate luxury with sportiness
Maserati is positioned as a company which passionately manufacturers cars to provide a luxurious experience along with sporty thrill
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Maserati. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute