Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Aston Martin analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Aston Martin SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Aston Martin to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Aston Martin is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Aston Martin SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Aston Martin SWOT Analysis:
For Aston Martin, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Aston Martin Strengths
The strengths of Aston Martin looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Aston Martin :
1. Aston Martin has a high brand equity and strong legacy
2. Rich historical heritage and values leading to strong customer connect
3. Strong engineering & designing team of Aston Martin ensures a stylish & powerful range of cars
4. Ultimate luxury & comfort through its cars as well as services
5. Cutting Edge & innovative technological features
6. Strong presence of Aston Martin in racing and motor sports events
7. Strong marketing and branding through advertising
Aston Martin Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Aston Martin SWOT Analysis:
1. Comparitively, lesser market penetration
2. Limited product portfolio of Aston Martin cars in emerging economies
Aston Martin Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Aston Martin SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding automobile market can be tapped by Aston Martin
2. The historical values and heritage can be leveraged to acquire new customers
3. Increase market penetration through extensive distribution and increased promotion
4. Attract more customers through competitive pricing
Aston Martin Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Aston Martin are as mentioned:
1. Increasing fuel costs & strict government policies & taxes can affect Aston Martin sales
2. Competition from other big automobile giants
3. Product innovations and frugal engineering by competitors
Aston Martin Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 10 competitors of Aston Martin:
Aston Martin offers ultimate luxury and powerful performance
Aston Martin STP
Luxury Cars, Sports Car
Targeted towards the elite class of affluent customers
Aston Martin is positioned as a company which has been delivering value to customers for many years through unmatchable performance & exclusive luxury
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Aston Martin. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute