Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 27, 2020
SWOT analysis of Cooper Tires analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Cooper Tires SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Cooper Tires to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Cooper Tires is one of the leading brands in the automobiles sector.
The article below lists the Cooper Tires SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Cooper Tires competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Let other people make tires just for cars we make tires for people.
Creating superior value for our customers, employees, partners and shareholders.
Cooper Tires STP
Light Car tire replacement segment in US and OEMs in China
Superior quality tires; safety; socially responsible
SWOT Analysis of Cooper Tires
For Cooper Tires, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Cooper Tires SWOT Analysis:
Cooper Tires Strengths
The strengths of Cooper Tires looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Cooper Tires :
1. Cooper Tires has excellent brand equity. 2. Cooper employees nearly 13,000 people around the world and have a strong revenue 3. Cooper tires have a global presence being the tenth largest tire manufacturer in the world. 4. Company is into business of manufacturing, sales and distribution of light vehicle replacement tires in US; it has 13% market share in US.
5. Company is in top 8 truck manufacturing tires in China.
Cooper Tires Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Cooper Tires SWOT Analysis:
1. They are primarily into the replacement market business in US but have less business with OEMs. 2. Minimal presence in Brazil, India and South Africa-the three upcoming economies of the world and India becoming Automobile hub.
Cooper Tires Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Cooper Tires SWOT Analysis:
1. They have growth opportunity in emerging economies like India, china, brazil etc. 2. Their successful branding as the most Eco-friendly tire company may take them a long way. 3. Opportunity to diversify more strategically to mitigate the risk of putting all the eggs in one basket and advertising that also.
4. Company needs to market its recycle technology along-with various other green initiatives taken by them towards making contribution to society.
Cooper Tires Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Cooper Tires are as mentioned:
1. There is Stiff Competition from national and international brands.
2. US economies are not growing much and have reached a maturity phase. 3. Government Policies w.r.t export duties, import duties, tax levied on automobile industries and economic condition of nation as it determines the sale of automobiles.
4. Introduction of other transport facilities like metro, monorails and local trains keeping pollution hazards caused by combustion of automobile fuels. 5. Volatility of raw material prices
6. Fluctuation of exchange rates
Cooper Tires Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Cooper Tires:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Cooper Tires. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute