Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Banco Santander analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Banco Santander SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Banco Santander to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Banco Santander is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Banco Santander competitors and includes Banco Santander target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Banco Santander:
1. Strong Strategic Alliances with other leading institutions 2. Market leaders in Europe and presence in Latin America, Singapore, Hong Kong, Africa, USA 3. Robust Operating Performance
4. Has over 175,000 employees 5. It has over 90 million customers, 13,000 branches and 2 million shareholders 6. Sponsor of many sporting events
Banco Santander Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Banco Santander SWOT Analysis:
1. Dependency on Eurozone policies
2. Negligible presence in Asia as compared to other banks
Banco Santander Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Banco Santander SWOT Analysis:
1. Small enterprise banking 2. Microfinance
Banco Santander Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Banco Santander are as mentioned:
1. Stringent economic policies world over 2. Highly competitive environment 3. Changing govt regulations and financial crisis like recessions
Banco Santander Competition
Below are the top 3 Banco Santander competitors:
1. Standard Chartered Bank 2. Barclays Bank
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Banco Santander. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute