Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Generali Group analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Generali Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Generali Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Generali Group is one of the leading brands in the banking & financial services sector.
The table below lists the Generali Group SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Generali Group competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Experience of over 150 years delivered with core values of Generali
Generali Group STP
Life Insurance, Non- life insurance, Assistance services
Commercial and Business entities, Retail/Home/ Family investors
An insurance company that is responsible, strives for excellence and reliability
SWOT Analysis of Generali Group
Generali Group Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Generali Group:
1. Generali is one of Europe’s largest insurer, with being among the top in life insurance, health insurance and property/casualty insurance.
2. The group is believed to have an effective and efficient business model that allows all group companies geared to distribution channels.
3. The company has a strong advisory capacity.
4. It specialised in insurance, investment management and banking services
5. Nearly 80,000 employees are a part of the workforce
6. The company has significant operations in over 20 countries through tie-ups and collaborations
Generali Group Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Generali Group SWOT Analysis:
1.The company has a weak combined ratio which has been having an adverse effect on the underwriting profitability.
2. Few leading rating agencies have given a negative outlook to the company which has affected the group’s external source of financing.
Generali Group Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Generali Group SWOT Analysis:
1. In line with the global trends, there are number of opportunities in the retirement market worldwide.
2. The company can leverage on its standing in the private provision for the old and basic pension business.
3. The company has a great opportunity in terms of a positive outlook for the German non-life insurance industry.
Generali Group Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Generali Group are as mentioned:
1. The slow pace of economic recovery in Germany and other Euro zone economies can reduce the demand.
2. Incidence of extreme weather in Germany could test the company’s claims paying capability.
3. There is a likely increase in competition for capital that will increase costs due to Solvency II project.
Generali Group Competition
Generali Group Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Generali Group:
1. Allianz AG
2. BayWa AG
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Generali Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute