Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of ABB Ltd analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In ABB Ltd SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like ABB Ltd to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. ABB Ltd is one of the leading brands in the energy & power sector.
The table below lists the ABB Ltd SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top ABB Ltd competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
It helps customers to use electrical power effectively and to increase industrial productivity in a sustainable way
ABB Ltd STP
Power Products, Power Systems, Discrete Automation and Motion,Low Voltage Products and Process Automation
Major public utilities, largest industrial and resources organisations
ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact
SWOT Analysis of ABB Ltd
ABB Ltd Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of ABB Ltd:
1. Huge installed customer base with long term contracts 2. Superior brand value has helped it in cross selling and gave a lot of aftermarket sale opportunities
3. ABB has resources all over the world and is geographically well spread
4. Significant portion of its revenue is from emerging markets which have a increasing demand for infrastructure
5. Well known for manufacturing consistent top quality products around the globe
ABB Ltd Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the ABB Ltd SWOT Analysis:
1.The management has a history of overpaying for acquisitions and not delivering synergies on previous deals
2.On the back of shortage of liquidity, the margin is not improving in the shorter term 3. Bad debts and Financial difficulties with customers have increased the debtor's provisions affecting profit
ABB Ltd Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in ABB Ltd SWOT Analysis:
1.Government initiatives in the infrastructure space will augment overall demand for power industry
2. It is financially strong with huge cash flows which will help in acquisitions, buybacks and dividends 3. Increase in demand for smart grids increase demand for any companies that manufacture, supply or build smart grid infrastructure
4. Additional regulation will increase the demand for companies in the environmental services industry
ABB Ltd Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of ABB Ltd are as mentioned:
1.A bad outlook of the economy will affect the cash flows and growth of the economy 2. Governments are under pressure for cutting down the costs, which may slow down replacement sales and put overall sales at risk
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to ABB Ltd. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute