Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sunsilk analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sunsilk SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sunsilk to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sunsilk is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Sunsilk SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sunsilk competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
For Expert – Touched Hair; Life Can’t Wait; All you need is Sunsilk
Sunsilk is a popular hair care brand having product for all types of hair
Personal Hair Care Shampoo available in multiple variants
Girls in the age group of 20’s
The Sunsilk hair care range provides a complete hair care solution and functions as a 3-step combination of cleansing, nourishing and manageability
SWOT Analysis of Sunsilk
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sunsilk:
1. Sunsilk was launched in 1964, with a presence of over 80 countries 2. Sunsilk is available in various variants to suite every type of hair need (Anti Dandruff, Hair Fall etc) 3. Number 1 in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, with sales of more than €1 billion a year 4. The brand is strongest in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East and is the number one hair care brand in India, Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Thailand. 5. Madonna, Shakira, Marilyn Monroe, Priyanka Chopra etc are brand ambassadors of Sunsilk lead to excellent branding and advertising
6. Excellent distribution of Unilever means good availability of the brand at supermarkets, stores etc
Here are the weaknesses in the Sunsilk SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition intense in the hair care segment means limited market share of Sunsilk
2. High brand switching because of many options available in the market
Following are the Opportunities in Sunsilk SWOT Analysis:
1. Improve their community for Indian girls through online campaigns 2. Sunsilk Co-Creations – Partnering with 7 of the world’s best hair experts for new and improved products
3. Tie-up with hotels, fashion institutes etc
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sunsilk are as mentioned:
1. Multiple competitors with similar offerings and lower price range 2. Not prevalent in the rural markets 3. Competition from in-house brands like Clear, Clinic Plus can canibalise Sunsilk
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sunsilk. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute