Sunsilk SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Sunsilk, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Sunsilk is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector. The article below lists the Sunsilk SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Sunsilk looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sunsilk :
1. Sunsilk was launched in 1964, with a presence of over 80 countries
2. Sunsilk is available in various variants to suite every type of hair need (Anti Dandruff, Hair Fall etc)
3. Number 1 in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East, with sales of more than €1 billion a year
4. The brand is strongest in Asia, Latin America and the Middle East and is the number one hair care brand in India, Brazil, Argentina, Bolivia, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Thailand.
5. Madonna, Shakira, Marilyn Monroe, Priyanka Chopra etc are brand ambassadors of Sunsilk lead to excellent branding and advertising
6. Excellent distribution of Unilever means good availability of the brand at supermarkets, stores etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Sunsilk SWOT Analysis:
1. Competition intense in the hair care segment means limited market share of Sunsilk
2. High brand switching because of many options available in the market
Read more about Sunsilk
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Sunsilk SWOT Analysis:
1. Improve their community for Indian girls through online campaigns
2. Sunsilk Co-Creations – Partnering with 7 of the world’s best hair experts for new and improved products
3. Tie-up with hotels, fashion institutes etc
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sunsilk are as mentioned:
1. Multiple competitors with similar offerings and lower price range
2. Not prevalent in the rural markets
3. Competition from in-house brands like Clear, Clinic Plus can canibalise Sunsilk
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Sunsilk SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Personal Care – Hair Care
For Expert – Touched Hair; Life Can’t Wait; All you need is Sunsilk
Sunsilk is a popular hair care brand having product for all types of hair
Personal Hair Care Shampoo available in multiple variants
Girls in the age group of 20’s
The Sunsilk hair care range provides a complete hair care solution and functions as a 3-step combination of cleansing, nourishing and manageability
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sunsilk. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us