Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: May 21, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dettol analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dettol SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dettol to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dettol is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Dettol SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Dettol SWOT Analysis:
For Dettol, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Dettol looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dettol :
1. Dettol’s Germ-kill heritage (brown liquid) is seen as strong and adds on trustworthiness (RTB).
2. Excellent for treating skin irritations, cuts/bruises and seasonal applications.
3. Dettol brand comes from a reputable company with a strong legacy
4. Strong customer brand loyalty of all those using their products 5. Increasing popularity of Dettol soap as a germ killer and hygienic soap 6. Dettol has products like antiseptic liquid, soaps, sanitizers, bodywash etc
7. Strong advertising and marketing campaigns through TVC's, OOH hoardings, print media & online ads
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Dettol SWOT Analysis:
1. Despite excellent product, limited penetration in rural markets 2. Competition from other similar products means stagnant market share for Dettol
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Dettol SWOT Analysis:
1. Leverage the powerful brand equity associated with the Dettol Brand to make it an everyday use proposition. 2. Tie-ups with schools, hospitals, hotel chains etc 3. Better penetration in rural markets and emerging economies
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dettol are as mentioned:
1. Other main players in the antibacterial category can affect market share of Dettol 2. Other emerging players and alternatives available
3. People opting for ayurvedic & natural treatments can reduce business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Dettol:
Dettol is the first of its kind in anti-bacterial segment.
People looking for anti-bacterial personal hygiene
All age groups & households especially urban & tier 2 cities
Dettol have always been positioned as a 100% germ fighter with germ fighting and protection as the core value
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dettol. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute