Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 25, 2021
SWOT analysis of Godrej Consumer Products analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Godrej Consumer Products SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Godrej Consumer Products to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Godrej Consumer Products is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Godrej Consumer Products SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Godrej Consumer Products SWOT Analysis:
For Godrej Consumer Products, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Godrej Consumer Products Strengths
The strengths of Godrej Consumer Products looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Godrej Consumer Products :
1. Godrej Consumer is one of the leading FMCG companies based out of India
2. Some of its products and brands are recognized as the 100 most trusted brands
3. Godrej Consumer has its presence in more than 60 countries
4. Over 2000 full-time employees are a part of the company's workforce
5. The brand has a widespread distribution network across India and its products reach in every corner of the country
6. To support the sales team it has a network of 30 C&F agents, 1000 distributors, 150 super stockists, 3000 sub stockists and 650,000 retailers in India.
7. The company has a recognized Godrej Research & Development Centre
8. Godrej Consumer has an annual average revenue of more than $1 billion
Godrej Consumer Products Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Godrej Consumer Products SWOT Analysis:
1. Market share is limited due to presence of other strong FMCG brands
2. Godrej Consumer products has a stiff competition from big domestic players and other international brands
Godrej Consumer Products Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Godrej Consumer Products SWOT Analysis:
1. Tap rural markets and increase penetration in urban area
2. Mergers and acquisitions can strengthen the Godrej Consumer brand
3. Increasing purchasing power of people can lead to increase in demand
Godrej Consumer Products Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Godrej Consumer Products are as mentioned:
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies can lead to loss of business
2. It's business can reduce due to FDI in retail and by allowing international brands
3. Competition from unbranded and local products can affect margins for Godrej products
Godrej Consumer Products Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Godrej Consumer Products:
Providing superior quality and affordable products
Godrej Consumer Products STP
Care products for daily needs
Every Indian household especially middle class
Value for money
Godrej Consumer Products Product Portfolio
7. Godrej No.1
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Godrej Consumer Products product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Godrej Consumer Products. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute