Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Purex analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Purex SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Purex to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Purex is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The table below lists the Purex SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Purex competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A washing detergent which combines the cleansing advantages of bleach & washing powder
Soap & Detergents
Upper middle class
A washing detergent which combines the cleansing advantages of bleach & washing powder and provides complete value-for-money
SWOT Analysis of Purex
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Purex:
1. A renowned brand name worldwide 2. Bleaching characteristics differentiate it from its competitors 3. Strong in technology and R&D
4. Strong backing from parent company means good distribution
Here are the weaknesses in the Purex SWOT Analysis:
1. An image that it fades clothes fast 2. Weak foot-hold in emerging economies 3. Legal issues due to brand wars
Following are the Opportunities in Purex SWOT Analysis:
1. Target emerging countries which has one of the largest potentials in the detergent market 2. Use non-traditional means of promotions to tap a significant market share 3.Introduction of better variants by technology development and innovations 4. Niche target market 5. Differentiate itself from other market players using the bleaching phenomenon and promoting the same
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Purex are as mentioned:
1. High competition from competitors
2. Low profit margins in detergent sector 3.Threat from existing and new players in the market
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Purex. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute