Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 20, 2020
SWOT analysis of Persil analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Persil SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Persil to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Persil is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector.
The article below lists the Persil SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Persil competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The brand has tried to communicate altruistic values by encouraging children to play outdoors and not worry about getting dirty. Washing clothes becomes a pleasure and stains don’t stand a chance
All users of Laundry & Home Care, Beauty Care and Adhesive Technologies
Household users especially families with kids( Mass, Middle & Premium class)
The brand stands for fibre deep cleanliness and perfectly cared for laundry
SWOT Analysis of Persil
For Persil, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Persil SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Persil looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Persil :
1. High Brand awareness. Association with Unilever and Henkel both gives the brand superior recognition and favourable launches in various countries
2. A definite emotional connect with the consumer with encouragement for kids to be involved in outdoor activities and an environment friendly attitude
3. Technical expertises and innovations. The brand’s innovation like soap powder with a bleaching agent,tablets and capsules have managed to change the face of industry many times
4. Good brand visibility and distribution
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Persil SWOT Analysis:
1. A unique situation where the brand is owned by 2 giants in Henkel & Unilever and therefore has to compete with the other brands of its parent companies 2. Too much focus on emerging markets has shifted the focus from its established markets and led to market share losses to competitors
3. Henkel brands have focussed more on product technology and tried to sell developed products rather than sell needed products
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Persil SWOT Analysis:
1. Industry reports suggest interest in eco friendly products is likely to increase thus giving Persil to leverage one of its strength especially in Europe 2.Introduction of new line of products for its existing products like Persil-gel along with Persil can increase sales
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Persil are as mentioned:
1.The slump in growth of world economy especially Europe
2. The rise in fuel cost especially due to war like conditions in Africa is a cause of rise in costs 3.FMCG sector is facing price wars from major players, which leads to reduction in profit margins
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Persil:
2. Household detergents used especially in rural sector
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Persil. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute