Rin SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Rin, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Rin is one of the leading brands in the FMCG sector. The article below lists the Rin SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Rin looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Rin :
1.Launched in India as a bar in 1969 with the iconic lightning mnemonic
2. Rin introduced the first ever shade in the laundry category, offering proof of whiteness to consumers with the “Kya Saboot Hai” campaign
3. Continuous Innovation – Introduction of Rin Matic especially for machine wash conditions
4. Powerful branding, advertising
5. Excellent distribution covering huge network from urban to rural areas
6. Innovative Campaigns over the years like “Uskisaari, merisaari se safedkaise”, “SafedikaShehanshah”, “Chamktisafedihai, machine aurRinMatickakaam”
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Rin SWOT Analysis:
1. Controversial Advertisement battle in court with P&G’s Tide over brand comparison in Rin’s advertisement
2. Rivalry within own brand HUL through Surf Excel & Active Wheel
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Rin SWOT Analysis:
1.Rin Safeedi Challenge, offering Rs 1 crore to those who can show a brand giving more whiteness than Rin
2. Improved distribution channel, which can lead to better market penetration
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Rin are as mentioned:
1. Threat from competitors, both internal (Surf Excel, Active Wheel) and external (Tide)
2.Local detergent manufacturers
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Rin SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Home Care – Detergents
Dugni Safedi Dugni Chamak
Rin strives to deliver best in class whiteness through continuous innovation and product improvements supported by memorable campaigns
Home Care Detergent – Bar , Powder & Matic
Every Indian Household – for washing purposes
Rin plays an integral part in enabling people to look good by providing demonstrably superior whites and hence giving the confidence
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Rin. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us