Dairy Queen SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Dairy Queen, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Dairy Queen is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector. The article below lists the Dairy Queen SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Dairy Queen, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Dairy Queen looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dairy Queen :
1. Dairy Queen is a leading fast food chain which differentiates itself from other similar products by adding its own twist in the form of unique names and formulations
2. Dairy Queen has a strong brand name recognition and popularity among children and adults with children
3. The brand has a strong market share in the segment and good supplier relationships
4. The company is known by a reputation for high quality food & extensive product line, which includes milkshakes, burgers, cookies, yogurt etc.
5. Dairy Queen is present at over 6000 locations in more than 20 countries
6. Backing of strong parent brand ensures financial stability for the company
7. The brand has a good visibility online and engages with its users via social media platforms
8. The DQ website enable users to customize cakes and purchase food items online, which are delivered at their homes
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Dairy Queen SWOT Analysis:
1. Despite a prominent brand in the US, the brand has limited global presence especially emerging economies
2. Less market share for food as it is still perceived mainly as a dessert brand
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Dairy Queen SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion abroad to emerging markets can help boost the business for Dairy Queen
2. Innovation, specifically towards product & service line expansion, can help increase its business
3. Online ordering and home delivery is a business opportunity
4. Changing customer lifestyles can be tapped by focus on healthier options
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dairy Queen are as mentioned:
1. Economic Slowdown and exchange rate fluctuations means lower customer spends leading to lower business margins
2. Lower cost competitors, price wars & competition from imports can affect business for Dairy Queen
3. Increasing costs of operations and substitute products can affect business profits
Similar to Dairy Queen
7. Burger King
Hence this concludes the Dairy Queen SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Dairy Queen Overview|
We make Fan Food. Not fast food, DQ something different., We treat you Right
traditional ice cream treat shop - place for dessert treats
|Dairy Queen STP|
Food & beverages restaurants
34-to-45-year-olds with young children and a taste for the whimsical
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dairy Queen. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us