Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 19, 2021
SWOT analysis of Dairy Queen analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dairy Queen SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dairy Queen to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dairy Queen is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Dairy Queen SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dairy Queen competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
We make Fan Food. Not fast food, DQ something different., We treat you Right
traditional ice cream treat shop - place for dessert treats
Dairy Queen STP
Food & beverages restaurants
34-to-45-year-olds with young children and a taste for the whimsical
SWOT Analysis of Dairy Queen
For Dairy Queen, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Dairy Queen SWOT Analysis:
Dairy Queen Strengths
The strengths of Dairy Queen looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dairy Queen :
1. Dairy Queen is a leading fast food chain which differentiates itself from other similar products by adding its own twist in the form of unique names and formulations
2. Dairy Queen has a strong brand name recognition and popularity among children and adults with children
3. The brand has a strong market share in the segment and good supplier relationships
4. The company is known by a reputation for high quality food & extensive product line, which includes milkshakes, burgers, cookies, yogurt etc.
5. Dairy Queen is present at over 6000 locations in more than 20 countries
6. Backing of strong parent brand ensures financial stability for the company
7. The brand has a good visibility online and engages with its users via social media platforms
8. The DQ website enable users to customize cakes and purchase food items online, which are delivered at their homes
Dairy Queen Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Dairy Queen SWOT Analysis:
1. Despite a prominent brand in the US, the brand has limited global presence especially emerging economies
2. Less market share for food as it is still perceived mainly as a dessert brand
Dairy Queen Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Dairy Queen SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion abroad to emerging markets can help boost the business for Dairy Queen
2. Innovation, specifically towards product & service line expansion, can help increase its business
3. Online ordering and home delivery is a business opportunity
4. Changing customer lifestyles can be tapped by focus on healthier options
Dairy Queen Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dairy Queen are as mentioned:
1. Economic Slowdown and exchange rate fluctuations means lower customer spends leading to lower business margins
2. Lower cost competitors, price wars & competition from imports can affect business for Dairy Queen
3. Increasing costs of operations and substitute products can affect business profits
Dairy Queen Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Dairy Queen:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dairy Queen. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute