Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 29, 2020
SWOT analysis of M&M's analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In M&M's SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like M&M's to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. M&M's is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top M&M's competitors and includes M&M's target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of M&M's:
1. Worldwide high brand recognition, with high trust for the brand as well
2. M&M’s are an affordable brand of chocolates that almost anyone can buy, making the brand easily accessible to everyone
3. It comes in varieties of colors which is especially appealing to a lot of people specially children
5. They have excellent marketing and advertising campaign with remarkable characters for each colored candy
6. Personalized M&M’s gifts for weddings, birthdays etc. are a hit among the consumers of the brand
Here are the weaknesses in the M&M's SWOT Analysis:
1. Although M&M’s are the number one chocolate sellers, their marketing cost is comparatively higher to other Mars products 2. Consumer consciousness about the high calorie and fat content in chocolates can drive down sales 3. Hard to keep on coming up with original ideas in the candy market
Following are the Opportunities in M&M's SWOT Analysis:
1. Having a worldwide market means that any new product they undertake will be instantly warmed to 2. The M&M shops worldwide are not only shops but tourist attractions, increasing sales all the time and ultimately widening their consumer market which will be ready for any new products
3. They have over 30 licenses to create other products such as t-shirts, mugs, soft toys and figurines
4. Advancements in technology- building up on their characters, developing more products
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of M&M's are as mentioned:
1. Lots of competition everywhere from other confectionary and chocolate makers
2. Their main competitors ‘Hershey’s’ are always creating new chocolate bars
3. Increase costs of making chocolate could make more expensive, thus making it lose the affordable tag and losing customers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to M&M's. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute