Bisleri SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Bisleri, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Bisleri to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Bisleri is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Bisleri SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Bisleri SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Bisleri, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Bisleri looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Bisleri :
1. Bisleri is India's largest packaged water brand with more than 30% market share
2. It has an excellent distribution channel and availability
3. Bisleri comes from the house of Parle which has a very positive brand image and legacy in India
4. Parle has re-entered the soft drinks market with Bisleri Umbrella brand with new offerings such as Fonzo, Spyci
5. Bisleri brand is a generic brand in India for packaged drinking water
6. Parle bought Bisleri in 1969 from an Italian called Signor Felice Bisleri who launched Packaged water in India in 1965
7. Bisleri has share of its sales from its innovative 20 Ltr package which was launched in 1991
8. It is offered in multiple SKUs from 250 ml to to 20 L
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Bisleri SWOT Analysis:
1. Bisleri brand may get diluted with soft drinks being launched under its name
2. Counterfeit brands are easily available in market as Bisleri is a generic brand
3. High price of packaged water
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Bisleri SWOT Analysis:
1. It should Leverage its parent brand Parle
2. Bisleri needs to concentrate more on innovation in water segment e.g. Vedica brand
3. Bisleri should consolidate market and have partnerships with local manufacturers and brands
4. Bisleri can launch variants of its water focused on fitness market e.g. with added electrolytes etc which can be targeted to gyms and fitness centres
5. There should be innovation in packaging
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Bisleri are as mentioned:
1. Threat from other branded packaged water
2. Lot of campaigning against packaged water and plastic bottles
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Bisleri:
3. Local or Private Water Brands
Hence this concludes the Bisleri SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
One Nation One Water; Jaise Aap Vaisi Aapki Bisleri; With Added Minerals
Largest Water brand in India which promises purity
For all people seeking hygienic drinking water
Age Groups (10-80) middle and upper class
High quality water with rigorous testing to ensure purity
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Bisleri. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us