Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 28, 2021
SWOT analysis of Krispy Kreme analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Krispy Kreme SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Krispy Kreme to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Krispy Kreme is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Krispy Kreme SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Krispy Kreme SWOT Analysis:
For Krispy Kreme, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Krispy Kreme Strengths
The strengths of Krispy Kreme looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Krispy Kreme :
1. Krispy Kreme is one of the most popular donut & fast food coffee chains based out of USA
2. Krispy Kreme has a strong legacy since it started in 1937
3. The company has more than 1000 shops with an employee force of 5000 people
4. The brand has a strong backing of its parent company
5. Krispy Kreme is known for its very popular baked food and beverages
6. The company takes out innovative & different flavored donuts especially during the festive season
7. The brand has its presence in more than 20 countries across Europe & Asia
Krispy Kreme Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Krispy Kreme SWOT Analysis:
1. Past legal issues & lawsuits have hurt the brand image
2. High competition from different fast food chains means limited market share growth
Krispy Kreme Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Krispy Kreme SWOT Analysis:
1. Krispy Kreme can enhance its menu by offering different type of cakes, buns, breads & snacks
2. The brand can grow further at international locations with more stores
3. More marketing spends can help increase the brand recall for Krispy Kreme
Krispy Kreme Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Krispy Kreme are as mentioned:
1. Competition from big fast food joints and local restaurants can impact business
2. Increasing cost of raw materials can hamper the margins for Krispy Kreme
3. Changing economic policies, changing food habits, recession etc. can lead to loss of business
Krispy Kreme Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Krispy Kreme:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Krispy Kreme. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute