Kellogg's SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Kellogg's, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Kellogg's to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Kellogg's is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Kellogg's SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Kellogg's SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Kellogg's, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Kellogg's looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Kellogg's :
1. Kellogg's is one of the world's largest breakfast cereal brand and its products are marketed in more than 80 countries.
2. Kellogg's has great marketing initiatives through various campaigns especially targeted towards child nutrition
3. The company has a strong legacy since it had started in the year 1906
4. The brand is a pioneer in cereals but also offers crackers, nutrition bars, waffles and vegetarian foods under its product offerings
5. Several CSR initiatives like "Fighting hunger” along with Walmart helps the brand
6. Kellogg's does its promotion through various mascots developed for each product which helps build a connect with the audience
7. The company has a global workforce of over 30,000 people
8. Kellogg's has a high brand recall due to effective advertising via social media, online ads, print ads and TV commercials
9. Some other popular brands owned by the company are Pringles, Eggo, Gardenburger & Sunshine biscuits
10. The annual revenue of the company is more than $13 billion
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Kellogg's SWOT Analysis:
1. Controversies regarding product recall affected the brand image of Kellogg's
2. Competition from other breakfast brands and substitutes affect the business operations for the company
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Kellogg's SWOT Analysis:
1. Development of distribution channels in other countries with help of other companies can boost Kellogg's
2. Tie-up with restaurants, schools and hotels can boost business
3. Kellogg's can diversify into other health snacks which can be beneficial for the company
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Kellogg's are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition in readymade breakfast segment can reduce business for Kellogg's
2. Food regulations by government often restrict operations
3. Fake imitations of food products or shop keepers keeping products beyond expiry can be a threat for Kellogg's
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Kellogg's:
4. Quaker Oats
7. ConAgra Foods
Hence this concludes the Kellogg's SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Bring out best to you
Kellogg's is the first company to enter into readymade cereal breakfast segment
Food- cereal breakfast and beverages
Family and children looking for healthy tasty breakfast
Kellogg's offers healthy and tasty breakfast
|Kellogg's Product Portfolio|
1. Kellogg's Corn Flakes
2. Kellogg's Coco Pops
3. Kellogg's Chocos
4. Kellogg's All-Bran
5. Kellogg's Frosted Flakes
6. Kellogg's Froot Loops
7. Kellogg's Special K
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Kellogg's product portfolio.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Kellogg's. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us