Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 28, 2021
SWOT analysis of Chick-fil-A analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Chick-fil-A SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Chick-fil-A to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Chick-fil-A is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Chick-fil-A SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Chick-fil-A SWOT Analysis:
For Chick-fil-A, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Chick-fil-A looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Chick-fil-A :
1. Chick-fil-A is one of the most established fast food brands in USA
2. Chick-fil-A has more than 2500 restaurants in almost all states across USA
3. Successful advertising campaigns like ‘Eat Mor Chikin’ helped the brand grow
4. Sponsorship to numerous sports events helped create more brand awareness
5. Chick-fil-A is known for its chicken sandwiches, waffle fries, nuggets and other dishes
6.Good online presence with option of online order and delivery has increased its reach
7. Chick-fil-A also has its presence in Canada, UK & South Africa
8. Annually, the company has a turnover in the range of $10 billion
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Chick-fil-A SWOT Analysis:
1. Presence majorly in USA and limited international presence
2. Higher competition means limited market share growth
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Chick-fil-A SWOT Analysis:
1. Chick-fil-A can plan expansion in other countries to increase its global footprint
2. Introduction of newer dishes in the menu can also attract more customers
3. More advertising and marketing would help increase brand recall for Chick-fil-A
4. Acquisition of smaller business chains and efficient franchises can increase its presence
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Chick-fil-A are as mentioned:
1. Stiff competition from established players and local restaurants can reduce business
2. Rise in cost of raw materials can hamper the margins
3. Changing economic policies, agitation from environmentalists etc. can lead to loss of business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Chick-fil-A:
We Didn't Invent the Chicken, Just the Chicken Sandwich; Eat Mor Chikin
Good quality, tasty chicken serving quick service restaurant
People who are looking to have chicken as an alternative to beef
Middle and upper middle class urban families
A chicken-based menu serving restaurant as opposed to beef and other meat
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Chick-fil-A. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute