Burger King SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Burger King, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Burger King to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Burger King is one of the leading brands in the food & beverages sector.
The article below lists the Burger King SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Burger King SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Burger King, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Burger King looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Burger King :
1. Burger King is a hugely popular brand name in the fast food industry with a high brand loyalty
2. Burger King serves close to a billion burgers every year globally
3. Product differentiation is focused of the brand based on geography and demographics
4. The brand has grown globally by opening in new geographies as well as creating a localized menu
5. Burger King has a strong brand equity in fast food segment world over
6. More than 20,000 people are employed with the brand
7. Burger King is present at more than 15000 locations in more than 70 countries
8. The annual revenue of the company is more than $1.5 billion
9. The brand has also introduced a loyalty program to target its repeat customers & provide them with an additional incentive
10. Burger King's sales have increased with the growth of online food ordering & home deliveries
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Burger King SWOT Analysis:
1. Alleged high fat and high calorie food not good for health conscious people
2. Intense competition means limited market share growth for Burger King
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Burger King SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding home delivery options for customers can really boost Burger King's sales
2. Open new branches and outlets at new locations can help the brand grow geographically
3. The company can advertise more and give discounts to capture new market
4. Product improvement & innovation by tailoring it as per tastes of people around the world can boost Burger King's business worldwide
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Burger King are as mentioned:
1. Threat from other eating joints & restaurants, which can impact Burger King's market share
2. Health concerns among general public regarding fast food
3. Food costs are rising higher than standard inflation which lead to decline in margins
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of Burger King:
2. Pizza Hut
7. Taco Bell
Hence this concludes the Burger King SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Burger King Overview|
Restaurant Brands International
Fast food eating joints
Where kids are King; Chicken the way you like it
Burger King has a lot of burger varieties at affordable prices
|Burger King STP|
People willing to have a hygienic and delicious non conventional meal at a restaurant
Children and youth from middle and upper class
The best in burgers
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Burger King. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us