Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Expedia analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Expedia SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Expedia to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Expedia is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Expedia SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Expedia competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the largest online travel companies in the world
Internet users willing to book their travel tickets
Travelers/Business people/Students using internet
Positioned as a world leading online travel booking portal
SWOT Analysis of Expedia
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Expedia:
1. Broad range of hospitality service and online travel offerings 2. Strong portfolio of travel brands 3. It has presence in global market space, so the risk in revenue growth is less 4. Strong brand name coupled with high customer loyalty
5. It has over 10,000+ partners for hotels, airlines etc
6. Nearly 15000 people are employed with the brand
7. Acquisition of smaller players has strengthened its position
8. It has a wide global presence in about 60 countries
Here are the weaknesses in the Expedia SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition from other service providers means limited margins and slow market share growth
2. Provides undifferentiated services compared to that of competitors
Following are the Opportunities in Expedia SWOT Analysis:
1.Partnership across the globe because of increasing online bookings in the developing markets 2. Customers who still use traditional methods of bookings and are reluctant to use internet for financial transactions
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Expedia are as mentioned:
1.The market is highly competitive with both local and global players 2. Weak internet penetration in developing nations could halt the companies growth in the long run
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Expedia. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute