Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Intel analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Intel SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Intel to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Intel is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Intel SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Intel competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Intel targets enterprise but indirectly pulls the end customer
Reliable and premium microprocessors
SWOT Analysis of Intel
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Intel:
1. Huge R&D spend by the company for new product development 2. Innovation in creating better computers and technology 3. Market leadership of Intel in semiconductors and micro-processors 4. Global presence in almost all countries worldwide 5. Strong business tie-ups have boosted the brand of Intel
Here are the weaknesses in the Intel SWOT Analysis:
1. Highly confined to PC segment
2. Intense competition means market growth is slow
Following are the Opportunities in Intel SWOT Analysis:
1. Intel has a huge opportunity in the mobile segment-Hardware as well as Software
2. Acquisition of smaller tech companies can boost its portfolio further
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Intel are as mentioned:
1. Intel is lagging in the mobile and portable segment and the whole world s moving towards portable devices.
2. Android, Apple and other devices are relying more on companies like Qualcomm than Intel
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Intel. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute