Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Dell analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Dell SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Dell to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Dell is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Dell SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Dell competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Dell offers customization of products as per customer
People looking for customized laptops & PCs
Home Users, Governmental institutions, Large Corporate and Students from urban sector
Customer’s choice of PC / laptop and customer’s tailored service provider
SWOT Analysis of Dell
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Dell:
1. Dell has reliability and excellent customer service along with strong brand loyalty 2. Direct Model Approach, it provides Dell a way to interact to customers directly, thereby providing them the way for cross selling to their other products 3. Has approximately 100,000+ employees worldwide 4. The customization of products, online and offline by customers helps them to configure their products as per the needs
5. Acquisitions have strengthened Dell's position in the global market
6. Dell ProSupport is an excellent service feature providing customer service 24x7 for the entire year
7. Strong advertising & branding make it a popular laptop & PC brand
Here are the weaknesses in the Dell SWOT Analysis:
1 Market share growth is slow due to competition; Fake products/ imitations affect sales 2. Lack of Dell Stores as main business is done online, can be an issue for some customers.
Following are the Opportunities in Dell SWOT Analysis:
1. With increase in e-commerce the online retail stores of Dell provide them better framework to tap new business
2. The Direct approach Model of Dell would help them there existing to sell the other IT products, so new product development opportunity is for the company
3. Dell can target low priced tabs to capture emerging markets & rural areas
4. Tie-ups with research institutes, schools, colleges etc can further boost the company's business
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Dell are as mentioned:
1. With the increase in innovation in the market the computer systems are becoming outdated, so Dell should constantly come out with new products 2. People need the quality products at low price which was Dell strength due to it’s customize solution, but now its competitors are coming up with products in same price range 3. Technological advancement constant, hence breakthrough innovation is essential
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Dell. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute