Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Acer analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Acer SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Acer to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Acer is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Acer SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Acer SWOT Analysis:
For Acer, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Acer looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Acer :
1. Acer group employs 8000 employees across the globe
2. Operational Efficiency, tight control on Overhead Costs
3. It has huge network, in around 38 countries so it works on Economies of Scale
4. Acer’s aggressive price strategy, particularly suitable to a time of economic recession
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Acer SWOT Analysis:
1. Less prescence in B2B market when compared to Dell or Lenovo 2. It has limited product portfolio for midsize business 3. Market share growth is slow due to competition; Fake products/ imitations affects sales
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Acer SWOT Analysis:
1. Economic downturn, which favours low-price products
2. Growth of Mobile PCs in Homes in emerging markets, where brand preferences are weaker
3. Growth into the Chinese market
4. Growth into midsize-business markets
5. Reaching large numbers of customers by targeting various segments through multiple brands and by joint ventures in various countries
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Acer are as mentioned:
1. Continued Price Decline in Mobile PCs, due in part to mini-notebooks, tablets, smartphones which erodes margins and profitability
2. Dell's expansion into indirect sales
3. Samsung’s entering into Computer mobile PC’s
4. Increased competition due to the movement toward disintegrated computer components
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Acer:
The company focuses more on teenagers and young generation as students, the other focus areas in mid size businesses
Young generation undergoing professional courses, Mid size IT firms and offices where IT infrastructure is an essential requirement
The company set its position based on the price position
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Acer. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute