Acer SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Acer, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Acer is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector. The article below lists the Acer SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Acer looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Acer :
1. Acer group employs 8000 employees across the globe
2. Operational Efficiency, tight control on Overhead Costs
3. It has huge network, in around 38 countries so it works on Economies of Scale
4. Acer’s aggressive price strategy, particularly suitable to a time of economic recession
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Acer SWOT Analysis:
1. Less prescence in B2B market when compared to Dell or Lenovo
2. It has limited product portfolio for midsize business
3. Market share growth is slow due to competition; Fake products/ imitations affects sales
Read more about Acer
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Acer SWOT Analysis:
1. Economic downturn, which favours low-price products
2. Growth of Mobile PCs in Homes in emerging markets, where brand preferences are weaker
3. Growth into the Chinese market
4. Growth into midsize-business markets
5. Reaching large numbers of customers by targeting various segments through multiple brands and by joint ventures in various countries
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Acer are as mentioned:
1. Continued Price Decline in Mobile PCs, due in part to mini-notebooks, tablets, smartphones which erodes margins and profitability
2. Dell's expansion into indirect sales
3. Samsung’s entering into Computer mobile PC’s
4. Increased competition due to the movement toward disintegrated computer components
Hence this concludes the Acer SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Products availability at low price
The company focuses more on teenagers and young generation as students, the other focus areas in mid size businesses
Young generation undergoing professional courses, Mid size IT firms and offices where IT infrastructure is an essential requirement
The company set its position based on the price position
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Acer. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us