HP Hewlett-Packard SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of HP Hewlett-Packard, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like HP Hewlett-Packard to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. HP Hewlett-Packard is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the HP Hewlett-Packard SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the HP Hewlett-Packard SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For HP Hewlett-Packard, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of HP Hewlett-Packard looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of HP Hewlett-Packard :
1. Employee strength of 3,50,000 worldwide
2. It has maximum market share in the PC market
3. It’s consumer centric approach makes it a reliable choice
4. It has got good after sales service which helps to maintain good consumer relationship
5. It’s ability to bring out news designs and innovation at affordable cost
6. Good distribution network across the world
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the HP Hewlett-Packard SWOT Analysis:
1. Market share growth is slow due to competition; Fake products/ imitations affects sales
2. Due to mass production it is unable to provide customize solutions to the customers
3. Its lagging in digital entertainment market
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in HP Hewlett-Packard SWOT Analysis:
1. With increase in IT awareness the scope for supply of desktops and laptops is increasing
2. It has opportunity for growth in service industry because it has bought “EDS” which is world’s No. 2 service provider
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of HP Hewlett-Packard are as mentioned:
1. People are becoming more cost conscious so the profit margins have become low so pricing is an issue
2. With increase in number of local players there is threat of component pricing
3. Due to economic downturn, increase competition and saturated market there is slow revenue growth
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of HP Hewlett-Packard:
Hence this concludes the HP Hewlett-Packard SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|HP Hewlett-Packard Overview|
Everything is possible
Durability and sturdy form of products
|HP Hewlett-Packard STP|
Home Users, Government Institutions, Large Corporate and students
Fortune 500 companies, Small and medium size enterprises, Public Sector Divisions, Students and home makers who need systems for their daily work
Trustworthy and consumer centric Computer provider
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to HP Hewlett-Packard. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us