Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Baidu analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Baidu SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Baidu to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Baidu is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Baidu SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Baidu SWOT Analysis:
For Baidu, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Baidu looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Baidu :
1. Strong brand image and reputation of Baidu
2. Baidu is a leader in its segment of internet searches in China with presence in China, Japan, Thailand, Egypt and India
3. Strong and efficient management team
4. First Chinese company to be included in the NASDAQ-100 index
5. More than 40,000 people are employed at Baidu
6. It commands close to 16 billion searches per annum
7. The company has a strong revenue model through online advertising
8. Baidu also has a strong R&D towards artificial intelligence and automation services
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Baidu SWOT Analysis:
1. Youa, e-commerce subsidiary separating out from Baidu
2. Brand recall outside China is lesser as advertising activity is lesser than competition
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Baidu SWOT Analysis:
1. Baidu has a huge market share in domestic market of China
2. Already build IT infrastructure system to help internet access rates
3. Few local players to compete with give Baidu a long term growth opportunity
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Baidu are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition due to global players like Google, Yahoo etc.
2. Government intervention in the Baidu service, as main customer base is China
3. Rate at which innovation is very high, which keep company in laggards, if not it doesn’t match the pace of innovation
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 10 competitors of Baidu:
People using internet for searching, using multimedia content in China, Japan, Thailand, Egypt and India
Baidu is a leader in Online Search in China
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Baidu. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute