Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Accenture analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Accenture SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Accenture to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Accenture is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Accenture SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Accenture competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Accenture are an application oriented firm and world’s largest consultancy by revenue
Large companies looking for consulting
Fortune 500 companies and other big organizations
SWOT Analysis of Accenture
For Accenture, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Accenture SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Accenture looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Accenture :
1. Accenture provide technological solutions
2. Accenture have extensive geographic reach in over 120 countries
3. In the consulting sector, Accenture has one of the largest revenues in the world
4. They use the same procedures and processes in approaching projects, making it easy for employees to move from location to location without retraining
5. Good advertising and brand building through TVCs and print ads has helped the brand grow
6. Strong employee base of nearly 250,000 people in Accenture
7. Accenture has a strong worldwide presence with offices in every continent
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Accenture SWOT Analysis:
1. Accenture has been trying to break into serving small to mid-size companies but faces stiff competition.
2. Stiff competition from across the world means slow market share growth
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Accenture SWOT Analysis:
1. Accenture will benefit from its standing as one of the leading IT companies as the technology is constantly evolving 2. Due to the recession businesses are going to be looking for ways to cut back and streamline their operations. Thus Accenture stands a great chance as it is expert in outsourcing.
3. Global penetrations and offering special fees for smaller projects can help increase the reach
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Accenture are as mentioned:
1. Premium offering may not resonate with midmarket customers
2. Increasing presence of Accenture's competitors
3. Growing impact of online databases and companies can affect revenues
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 11 competitors of Accenture:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Accenture. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute