Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Old Navy analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Old Navy SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Old Navy to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Old Navy is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Old Navy SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Old Navy competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Affordable brand that gives a look of expensive product
Old Navy STP
Middle class income group
Affordable family apparel
SWOT Analysis of Old Navy
Old Navy Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Old Navy:
1. Strong brand awareness with over 1000 stores around the world 2. Affordable brand 3. Successful expansion in Asian countries like Japan
4. Stores are designed to suit a family shopping environment
5. Has been recognized by several awards
6. Good presence through stores as well as ecommerce portals
7. Good advertising and marketing make it a popular brand
Old Navy Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Old Navy SWOT Analysis:
1. Low switching cost for customers 2. High competition has taken a toll on customer loyalty
Old Navy Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Old Navy SWOT Analysis:
1. Start an apparel range for formal wear 2. Start a customer loyalty program in Asian countries where it is considered as an aspirational brand 3. Expand in online form in Asian market as against brick-and-mortar
Old Navy Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Old Navy are as mentioned:
1. Counterfeit imitations 2. Advent of online shopping will make more expensive brands competitive to the affordable brands and encourage the customer to switch
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Old Navy. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute