Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Old Navy analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Old Navy SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Old Navy to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Old Navy is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Old Navy SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Old Navy SWOT Analysis:
For Old Navy, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Old Navy Strengths
The strengths of Old Navy looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Old Navy :
1. Strong brand awareness with over 1000 stores around the world 2. Affordable brand 3. Successful expansion in Asian countries like Japan
4. Stores are designed to suit a family shopping environment
5. Has been recognized by several awards
6. Good presence through stores as well as ecommerce portals
7. Good advertising and marketing make it a popular brand
Old Navy Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Old Navy SWOT Analysis:
1. Low switching cost for customers 2. High competition has taken a toll on customer loyalty
Old Navy Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Old Navy SWOT Analysis:
1. Start an apparel range for formal wear 2. Start a customer loyalty program in Asian countries where it is considered as an aspirational brand 3. Expand in online form in Asian market as against brick-and-mortar
Old Navy Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Old Navy are as mentioned:
1. Counterfeit imitations 2. Advent of online shopping will make more expensive brands competitive to the affordable brands and encourage the customer to switch
3. Customer loyalty is decreasing
Old Navy Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Old Navy:
Affordable brand that gives a look of expensive product
Old Navy STP
Middle class income group
Affordable family apparel
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Old Navy. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute