7-Eleven SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of 7-Eleven, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like 7-Eleven to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. 7-Eleven is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the 7-Eleven SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the 7-Eleven SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For 7-Eleven, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of 7-Eleven looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of 7-Eleven :
1. 7-Eleven is a well known brand across the globe and has more than 70000 stores across multiple countries including US, Canada, Asia, Europe, Australia etc.
2. 7-Eleven has more than 130,000 employee globally
3. 7-Eleven is known for its innovative private brands like Slurpee, big bite etc. which are very popular and define the brand
4. The retail giants are known for their digital outlook with many innovative apps in their portfolio which delivers directly to customers
5. 7-Eleven is known for its successful franchise model and is seen as a benchmark in the industry
6. It offers a wide variety of CPG and food products in its stores
7. 7-Eleven is known for its customer focus in all its vision and focus areas
8. It invests heavily in support which help its stakeholders like customers, franchisee owners, employees to align with the vision which 7-eleven has
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the 7-Eleven SWOT Analysis:
1. 7-Eleven is a big brand in some of the geographies but in many it is still unknown despite its presence at one point in time e.g. UK
2. Franchise model is good but it has its own issues and can act as deterrent in scaling operations across globe
3. Some issues with the franchise model related to minimum wage payment has affected the brand image
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in 7-Eleven SWOT Analysis:
1. 7-Eleven is focusing heavily on digitization of their distribution and retail. This can help them open new avenues but they have to plan it well
2. They can focus on new markets like India and other European markets to compete with likes of Target, Costco, Walmart etc.
3. They can tie up with new age delivery apps to help them reach more customers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of 7-Eleven are as mentioned:
1. Competition is huge and can affect 7-Eleven's business
2. As more and more retail chains are moving online, offline stores and franchise models can become an issue in future
3. Different geographies have different retail giants and with consolidation happening at a faster pace, running a huge retail chain can be difficult
Hence this concludes the 7-Eleven SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Seven & i Holdings
Department Stores/Retail Chain
Oh Thank Heaven for 7‑Eleven!
7-Eleven is a marketplace leader and a global brand
Middle class and upper class individuals
One of the biggest convenience retail store chain which has all the products for its customers
4. Coles Group
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to 7-Eleven. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us