Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: January 24, 2022
SWOT analysis of Tommy Hilfiger analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tommy Hilfiger SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tommy Hilfiger to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tommy Hilfiger is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Tommy Hilfiger SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Tommy Hilfiger SWOT Analysis:
For Tommy Hilfiger, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Tommy Hilfiger Strengths
The strengths of Tommy Hilfiger looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tommy Hilfiger :
1. Tommy Hilfiger has a strong recognition being a successful global brand offering premium clothing
2. The company has a very strong distribution network across the world
3. Tommy Hilfiger has its presence in more than 100 countries and more than 1500 retail stores in North America, Europe, Central and South America and Asia Pacific.
4. The brand offers cool, American style designs by reputed designer Tommy Hilfiger
5. Associations and promotion from popular celebrities has helped the brand grow significantly over the years
6. Advertising and brand visibility via TV ads, print media, online forums and digital marketing make the brand popular
7. The brand has won several awards and accolades at global level
Tommy Hilfiger Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Tommy Hilfiger SWOT Analysis:
1. The clothing segment has huge competition from other established brands hence brand switching is high
2. Brand protection and maintenance costs are high for a global brand like Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Tommy Hilfiger SWOT Analysis:
1. Innovation in apparels and design based on the geography & culture can be used to grow
2. Expansion of product line and services can help Tommy Hilfiger brand grow further
3. Increasing amount of disposable income in emerging economies can be tapped by geographical expansion
Tommy Hilfiger Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tommy Hilfiger are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition from international brands can lead to loss of business revenue
2. Economic slowdown & recession, which will cause reduction in demand for premium priced products can be a threat for Tommy Hilfiger brand
3. Constantly changing fashion trends means inventory issues for a global brand
Tommy Hilfiger Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Tommy Hilfiger:
Consumer seeking a new interpretation in Classic American Style
Urban upper-segment young men and women
High Quality, Quintessential American Style
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tommy Hilfiger. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute