Tissot SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Tissot, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tissot to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Tissot is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Tissot SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Tissot SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Tissot, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Tissot looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tissot :
1. Tissot is a part of the Swatch group that has presence in 150 countries
2. International sports and film celebs are the few ambassadors that represent Tissot brand
3. Tissot has also partnered with Europe’s railway station with the highest altitude of 3454 meters above sea level
4. Tissot’s latest augmented reality campaign has been very successful and popular
5. Strong presence of the brand's legacy since its inception in 1853
6. The brand has been the official time keeping of sports like MotoGP, basketball, ice hockey etc
7. Globally, Tissot has several sports celebrities as its brand ambassadors
8. Advertising in newspapers, websites etc has helped the brand connect with consumers
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Tissot SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has a design which is too simplistic which sometime is easily replicated
2. Limited market share growth of Tissot due to a highly competitive market
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Tissot SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion in various categories possible for Tissot watches
2. High spending power of people can be tapped especially in emerging economies
3. More advertising would help increasing brand awareness
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tissot are as mentioned:
1. Competitors having a broader range of products across different categories and designs
2. Fake imitations and replicas affect brand image and sales of Tissot watches
3. Government regulations on imported goods & luxury items can affect business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 16 competitors of Tissot:
2. TAG Heuer
16. Ulysse Nardin
Hence this concludes the Tissot SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
The Swatch group
Watches and Accessories
Innovators by tradition
Tissot offers traditional watch craftsmanship
High quality premium watches
Upper Income group men and women
Tissot is a watch brand that has blended technical developments with classic elegance
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tissot. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us