Converse SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Converse, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Converse to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Converse is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Converse SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Converse SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Converse, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Converse looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Converse :
1. Converse offers mid premium segment apparels, shoes and other accessories for the youth with good adveritisng
2. Range captures international designs and trends and also special editions are launched for special occasions.
3. Converse shoes and the skate boards come in customizable designs
4. The company has a long history since 1908 and a huge loyal customer base.
5. Converse has partnered with a NGO called RED, working for AIDS relief in Africa.
6. Famous sports celebrities are brand ambassadors
7. The lean organization system which converse follows makes in manufacture at least cost and minimum wastage
8. Strong backing of parent company Nike gives a big boost to the brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Converse SWOT Analysis:
1. Tough competition from existing brands means limited market share growth
2. Converse products can be cannibalized by its popular parent brand
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Converse SWOT Analysis:
1. Very well known brand in across the world
2. More product development opportunities exist for Converse as most of the products are fashion sensitive
3. Converse can also diversify into shirts, bags as these are high value items
4. More aggressive advertising and promotion through e-commerce platforms
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Converse are as mentioned:
1. The industry is very price and fashion sensitive and hence Converse too faces the threat.
2. Local market also poses risk to the brand
3. Fake imitation products is a threat to the brand
4. Being a global brand, Converse's business can be affected by recession and economic fluctuations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Converse:
3. New Balance
9. Under Armour
Hence this concludes the Converse SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Apparel and accessories
Band and Of Ballers; All star –shoes, we have got you covered-clothes
Converse offers trendy and vibrant sports apparel for men and women
Men and women sporting casual sports apparels
Converse loyal customers and other SEC A men and women in the age group of 18-24 sporting casual wear
Converse is America's original sports company
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Converse. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us