Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Citizen analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Citizen SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Citizen to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Citizen is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Citizen SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Citizen competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
For Citizen, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Citizen SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Citizen looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Citizen :
1. Citizen has sponsored and associated with prestigious sporting events such as the US open and the World figure skating championships
2. Citizen has been following an aggressive advertising strategy in Asia, particularly in China to strengthen its brand image
3. The solar powered series of watches are very popular among the customers 4. Strong brand name and high quality watches
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Citizen SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand does not have as strong presence as compared to other watch brands in the emerging economies
2. The company has not aggressively pursued advertising strategies as compared to some other leading brands
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Citizen SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand has a good presence in Asia and aggressive marketing can open up opportunities in India as well
2. Getting knowledge about the demands of loyal and creating products that are desired by them in order to capture the latent demand
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Citizen are as mentioned:
1. Japanese, high-end swiss and low end Chinese models provide tough competition to the brand
2. Heavy price competition in the market also poses a threat
3. Fake watches that carry the same brand name and sell cheaply
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Citizen:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Citizen. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute