Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of J Crew analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In J Crew SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like J Crew to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. J Crew is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the J Crew SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the J Crew SWOT Analysis:
For J Crew, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
J Crew Strengths
The strengths of J Crew looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of J Crew :
1. The company partners with the finest global fabric mills and craftsmen as well as iconic brands such as Jack Purcell, Timex, Thomas Mason, and Red Wing.
2 Madewell, an American denim label introduced by the company in 2006 is currently appreciated a lot.
3. The company ships to a total of 100+ destinations through its e commerce website
4. The company has around 13000 employees working to make the brand better through 320+ stores
5. Each year the company issues the J.Crew catalog, distributing more than 80 million copies showing how big its international presence is.
6.Brand loyalists include First Lady of USA
J Crew Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the J Crew SWOT Analysis:
1. The company does not have stores worldwide hence the company cannot tap other markets. 2.Since the company has its major stores in America, the currency fluctuations can increase the costs incurred in shipping to other locations
J Crew Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in J Crew SWOT Analysis:
1. J.Crew is venturing into new specialty shops for men, women and kids, which the company hopes will bring more business.
2. The company is also adding deluxe shoe and handbag salons in existing stores to invite more customers 3. Global expansion to newer markets
J Crew Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of J Crew are as mentioned:
1.Brands offering more fashionable clothing at better value
2. Rapid changing fashion trends 3.Rising production costs can put a dent in the profits of the brand
J Crew Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of J Crew:
The company offers an assortment of women's, men's and children's apparel , accessories and footwear
J Crew STP
Premium segment people living elite lifestlye
Urban men women and kids from middle class
Elite fashion brand
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to J Crew. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute