Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lanvin analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lanvin SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lanvin to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lanvin is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Lanvin SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Lanvin competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The brand is known for exquisite embroideries and clear, light floral colors.
Elite class men and women having a taste for men and women
Premium segment SEC A1 men and women of age 20-40
Smart off duty casual French fashion
SWOT Analysis of Lanvin
For Lanvin, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Lanvin SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Lanvin looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lanvin :
1. The brand has enjoyed appreciation since 1889.
2. Alber Elbaz has managed the brand very well and is one of the prime reasons for the popularity of the brand.
3. The brand has a diverse portfolio including home decor, menswear, furs, lingerie, and perfumes apart from female apparels.
4. The brand has its manufacturing plants set up all over the world thus making an efficient supply chain network
5. All the designing and intricate work is done in house at lanvin.
6. The brand has been endorsed by many celebrities
7. The brand is known for its silk designs.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Lanvin SWOT Analysis:
1. The company has diversified into too many spaces which might make it difficult to handle the brands.
2. The brand has yet not made its presence in many developing countries.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Lanvin SWOT Analysis:
1.The brand can increase its brand awareness by more marketing campaigns.
2. The brand’s tie up with H & M can prove beneficial for its image.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lanvin are as mentioned:
1. Other brands offer similar styles and cuts.
2. Similar products available in other brands.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Lanvin:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lanvin. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute