Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 12, 2021
SWOT analysis of Boots analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Boots SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Boots to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Boots is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Boots SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Boots SWOT Analysis:
For Boots, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Boots looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Boots :
1. Boots is one of the leading retail chains in the UK, specializing in cosmetics, health and beauty products
2. Boots has a strong R&D team and offers optical solutions to customers
3. The company offers innovative multi-brand products across a wide range along with its own branded products
4. Boots has more than 2500 stores spread across UK and a few neighboring countries
5. Strong branding and marketing across the UK ensures high awareness amongst people
6. The association between Walgreens and Boots has made a significant impact which has helped the company grow its business
7. More than 50,000 people are employed with Boots
8. The ecommerce website offers a wide product range, which customers czn purchase online
9. Boots offers loyalty cards and points to customers, which can be redeemed to get discounts for their loyalty
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Boots SWOT Analysis:
1. Boots retail stores are not present globally as compared to its competitors
2. Dependence only on the UK market leads to fluctuations
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Boots SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding into other countries can help grow Boots' business
2. Tapping emerging economies for better global operations
3. Increasing the product portfolio and also having multi-brand options for customers
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Boots are as mentioned:
1. Emergence of ecommerce players offering a diverse range can negatively impact the business
2. Heavy regulatory cost can lead to diminishing revenues for Boots
3. Strong competition from local and global brands in pharmaceutical industry
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Boots:
Boots offers retail services to look and feel better than ever thought possible
Health and beauty conscious people
Upper middle class and middle class ,focus on Women and home maker
Boots helps customers look and feel at their best through its retail store services
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Boots. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute