Walgreens SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Walgreens, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Walgreens is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the Walgreens SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Walgreens looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Walgreens :
1. Walgreens provides access to consumer goods and services and pharmacy, health and wellness services in America through its retail drugstores, Walgreens Health Services division
2. The company operates 8,000+ locations across US, Columbia and Puerto Rico
3. Walgreens has a strong brand recall in health category
4. Has a strong employee base of nearly 250,000
5. Has worked on several environmental as well as CSR initiatives
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Walgreens SWOT Analysis:
1. High marginal pressure on profits due to many players in industry
2. Walgreens brand is limited to America only and has no international presence
Read more about Walgreens
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Walgreens SWOT Analysis:
1. People prefer easy and smooth solution for their health even in high prices so opportunity to increase prices and provide qualitative products
2. Focusing only on doctors for aggressive marketing to increase more prescription
3. Global tie-ups and expansion to increase Walgreens' presence
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Walgreens are as mentioned:
1. Government regulations in patent are not well accepted everywhere
2. Many players exist in pharmaceutical industry with same products but with different brands so immense competition
3. R&D is high expenditure are in pharma industry as it requires high amount of investment
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Walgreens SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
The pharmacy America trusts; Well trusted since 1901
Walgreens is one of the largest drug retailing company in US
Pharmaceutical and drug retail business
Middle class and upper middle class individuals
Walgreens offers affordable pricing and a wide portfolio of medicines & healthcare products
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Walgreens. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us