Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 14, 2021
SWOT analysis of Marks & Spencer analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Marks & Spencer SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Marks & Spencer to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Marks & Spencer is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Marks & Spencer SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Marks & Spencer competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the UK's leading retailers with around 21+ million customers each week.
Marks & Spencer STP
Cost conscious group
Upper class and upper middle class
High Quality within reach
SWOT Analysis of Marks & Spencer
Marks & Spencer Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Marks & Spencer:
1. It is one of the most powerful retail brand with a top of the mind recall
2. M&S’s products are perceives as “value for money” due to quality, convenience and wide range of products.
3. They have their own branded labels
4. It has over 1000+ stores present across 40 countries
5. Over 80,000 employees form a part of the workforce globally
Marks & Spencer Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Marks & Spencer SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition from other retail brands means limited market share
2. Being a popular brand, they need to protect their brand from misuse of fake imitation products
Marks & Spencer Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Marks & Spencer SWOT Analysis:
1. M&S can develop their website 2. They can introduce new market segments that offer more profit
3. There are future opportunities in expanding their brand into China & India.
Marks & Spencer Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Marks & Spencer are as mentioned:
1. Other retail stores are a threat due to their discounted prices 2. M&S being a global retailer means they are exposed to different political facts in countries they work in. 3. Govt policies for retail stores
Marks & Spencer Competition
Marks & Spencer Competitors
Below are the top 5 competitors of Marks & Spencer:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Marks & Spencer. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute