99p Stores SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of 99p Stores, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
99p Stores is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the 99p Stores SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of 99p Stores looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of 99p Stores :
1. 99p Stores has a wide range of products available for less than £1
2. Good quality and cheap products under a pound are available
3. Wide supplier network that helps them source products at very low cost to their stores and helps them sell at low price
4. 99p Stores' staff very good at selling and hence can push sales up
5. The store serves over 1.5 million customers every week
6. 99p Stores have an employee workforce of 3000 and more than 200 stores
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the 99p Stores SWOT Analysis:
1. High customer and product overcrowding can affect 99p Stores' business
2. People perceive it as cheap and this might hurt attracting new customers who do not want to be associated with the cheapest store
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in 99p Stores SWOT Analysis:
1. With the global recession and spending cuts, they have a huge potential to tap into new customers
2. Can work towards brand building and removing the stigma that it is a cheap store
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of 99p Stores are as mentioned:
1. There has been opposition regarding setting up of pound shops like 99p Stores as people think that they tone down the glamour of the High street.
2. There has been criticism about their safety procedures and they have been fined in two separate cases of poor quality products
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the 99p Stores SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About 99p Stores
|99p Stores Overview|
Quality products under a pound!
99p Stores offers products priced under a pound
|99p Stores STP|
Semi-urban, Middle income group households
Price sensitive customers
99p Stores offers quality goods which are value for money
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to 99p Stores. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us