Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of 99p Stores analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In 99p Stores SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like 99p Stores to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. 99p Stores is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the 99p Stores SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top 99p Stores competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
99p Stores offers quality goods which are value for money
SWOT Analysis of 99p Stores
For 99p Stores, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the 99p Stores SWOT Analysis:
99p Stores Strengths
The strengths of 99p Stores looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of 99p Stores :
1. 99p Stores has a wide range of products available for less than £1
2. Good quality and cheap products under a pound are available
3. Wide supplier network that helps them source products at very low cost to their stores and helps them sell at low price
4. 99p Stores' staff very good at selling and hence can push sales up
5. The store serves over 1.5 million customers every week
6. 99p Stores have an employee workforce of 3000 and more than 200 stores
99p Stores Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the 99p Stores SWOT Analysis:
1. High customer and product overcrowding can affect 99p Stores' business
2. People perceive it as cheap and this might hurt attracting new customers who do not want to be associated with the cheapest store
99p Stores Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in 99p Stores SWOT Analysis:
1. With the global recession and spending cuts, they have a huge potential to tap into new customers
2. Can work towards brand building and removing the stigma that it is a cheap store
99p Stores Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of 99p Stores are as mentioned:
1. There has been opposition regarding setting up of pound shops like 99p Stores as people think that they tone down the glamour of the High street.
2. There has been criticism about their safety procedures and they have been fined in two separate cases of poor quality products
99p Stores Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of 99p Stores:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to 99p Stores. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute