Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Yahoo analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Yahoo SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Yahoo to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Yahoo is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the Yahoo SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Yahoo competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Yahoo is positioned as a democratic and unbiased search engine
SWOT Analysis of Yahoo
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Yahoo:
1. Yahoo is a simple and easy to use interface, and one of the most popular websites & search engines globally
2. Fast and very relevant search, free for customers & users
3. Yahoo has over 8000 employees globally in the organization
4. Well integrated range of products and services for customers
5. One of the most recognized brands with over 350 million users
6. Yahoo is best known for its web portal, search engine (Yahoo! Search), Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Answers, advertising, online mapping (Yahoo! Maps), video sharing (Yahoo! Video), and social media websites and services.
7. Yahoo! itself claims it attracts "more than half a billion consumers every month in more than 30 languages
8. The financial strength of Yahoo can be seen from its presence on the NASDAQ
Here are the weaknesses in the Yahoo SWOT Analysis:
1. Tough competition from players affecting advertising revenues & allegations of data leaks
2. Yahoo has been losing ground to the competitors despite first mover advantage
Following are the Opportunities in Yahoo SWOT Analysis:
1. The markets devoid of internet especially in the emerging economies can be tapped by Yahoo
2. Acquiring more partnerships with different companies to widen the market of integrated products
3. Ads from businesses not having online presence
4. Acquisition of smaller websites to drive more traffic to Yahoo
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Yahoo are as mentioned:
1. Can be subjected to manipulation and misuse
2. Yahoo is at a risk of being involved into legal intricacies due to breach of privacy
3. Newly emerging competitive search engines and Social networking sites are working as advertisement markets which is stealing the share
4. Restrictions applied by Governments in terms of content
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Yahoo. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute