Yahoo SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Yahoo, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Yahoo to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Yahoo is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Yahoo SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Yahoo SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Yahoo, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Yahoo looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Yahoo :
1. Yahoo is a simple and easy to use interface, and one of the most popular websites & search engines globally
2. Fast and very relevant search, free for customers & users
3. Yahoo has over 8000 employees globally in the organization
4. Well integrated range of products and services for customers
5. One of the most recognized brands with over 350 million users
6. Yahoo is best known for its web portal, search engine (Yahoo! Search), Yahoo! Directory, Yahoo! Mail, Yahoo! News, Yahoo! Groups, Yahoo! Answers, advertising, online mapping (Yahoo! Maps), video sharing (Yahoo! Video), and social media websites and services.
7. Yahoo! itself claims it attracts "more than half a billion consumers every month in more than 30 languages
8. The financial strength of Yahoo can be seen from its presence on the NASDAQ
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Yahoo SWOT Analysis:
1. Tough competition from players affecting advertising revenues & allegations of data leaks
2. Yahoo has been losing ground to the competitors despite first mover advantage
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Yahoo SWOT Analysis:
1. The markets devoid of internet especially in the emerging economies can be tapped by Yahoo
2. Acquiring more partnerships with different companies to widen the market of integrated products
3. Ads from businesses not having online presence
4. Acquisition of smaller websites to drive more traffic to Yahoo
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Yahoo are as mentioned:
1. Can be subjected to manipulation and misuse
2. Yahoo is at a risk of being involved into legal intricacies due to breach of privacy
3. Newly emerging competitive search engines and Social networking sites are working as advertisement markets which is stealing the share
4. Restrictions applied by Governments in terms of content
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Yahoo:
Hence this concludes the Yahoo SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Website- Internet and Computer software
Search, Ads & Apps
Yahoo is a very popular and trusted online brand
Internet utilizing computer users
Customers using products and business advertisers
Yahoo is positioned as a democratic and unbiased search engine
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Yahoo. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us